The holiday season is in full swing! Regardless of how you celebrate, the decorations that adorn your home are essential to getting into the holiday spirit. While you could rush out to the store and stock up on a variety of items, instead have a craft night at home and create your own decorations!
- Buy the materials, not the finished product. If you look closely at some of those cute items you find on store shelves, you’ll realize they are made of only a few things. Save yourself some money and head to a craft store to pick up the pieces you need.
- Repurpose recycled materials. If you have old wine bottles, remove the labels or spray paint them to use as part of a centerpiece or vase. Find items at a resale shop and make something unique.
- Add a rustic touch. If using reclaimed wood isn’t the hot trend in decorating, I don’t know what is. Add a holiday touch by painting a tree, ornaments, or snowflakes on it!
- Fabric napkin holders. Use felt or fabric to add your own touch to a dinner party. There are a variety of patterns available online that are easy to follow.
- Mason jar bathroom night-lights. While this could be used year-round, it does have a holiday feel to it. All you need is a Mason jar, potpourri, a small strand of lights, and fabric to cut covers for the top. Mix in the potpourri as you add the lights to create an even look.
There is still time to use these ideas for this season, or keep an eye out for clearance items as the holidays wind down. It is never too early to stock up on supplies for next year. Happy holidays!